Friday, January 7, 2011

GLASS ORNAMENTS

These are just a few of the glass ornaments on my tree. I haven't downloaded all the ornaments to photo bucket yet and that is where I put the frame around them along with the wording. I still have all my decorations up and almost forgot that I needed a post for today. These did not have to be looked up in a book so they are easy ones to post.

Hopefully I will get my act together soon. I actually had two friends come over yesterday to see my tree and decorations. They have been trying for a few years and we finally got it worked out this year. It's been a few years since I had seen them, they are from the church I use to go to.





Christmas Pickle Poem
To start a tradition that will surely last,
Here's the story about the pickle of glass.
The night before Christmas it's hung on the tree
While everyone's sleeping, it's done secretly.
And on Christmas morning when you arise,
The first one to find it will get a surprise.
A family tradition for all to share
You'll look for the pickle year after year

We haven't actually done the tradition of the Christmas pickle. I actually have several new pickle ornaments here at home so maybe I should do a giveaway!





5 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

I think this year is the first year I've heard of a christmas pickle

Caroline said...

Love the Christmas pickle but they are all beautiful.

Unknown said...

I'm loving your ornaments! Each one of them has a story to tell!

Cyndy Bush said...

I love the pickle & the little story. We love pickles around here but I've never had one on my Christmas tree! lol

trennia said...

You have so many beautiful CHRISTmas ornaments!
Your tree was beautiful, you put so much work into it and it pays off what a beautiful tree!

Blog Archive

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

CHRISTMAS TREE 2011

CHRISTMAS TREE 2010

CHRISTMAS TREE 2009